Saturday 19 May 2012

What's up today?

Its a Saturday,aren't Saturdays supposed to be fun and exciting? Well it was quite the opposite today,it was rater dull and boring,for both me and Oscar.
We didn't go anywhere today,just a walk down the road and in a corn field(on leash though I'm afraid)
And Oscar was out of character. He didn't want to play,all he wanted to do was sit on my foot and be petted each time i went out to him,so i did just that. But i did discover a new Kong filling,Honey! He loves honey,so i used the left over nature diet in the freezer,some dry cat and dog food and honey to make a lovely Kong for Monday! Its now sitting in the freezer just waiting to be used!

We did a little training,and despite my best efforts to make it fun,Oscar wasn't very interested. And it seems that the cat has taken over both of his outside kennels,

(she looks nice but you shouldn't approach her.Beware of the cat,never mind the  dog!)

So we will have to find a way to keep her out of them even though she has her own perfectly cozy house.

It got better at dinner time! Oscar couldn't wait to have his food and was eager to work for it so we did some focus work and a few tricks. I tried to use his boomer ball but he wasn't in the mood to keep pushing it about tonight and very little food was actually coming out,so he went searching for some of it in the grass instead.
And he got even happier when he had another raw chicken bone with the rest of the dinner. I am hoping to stop his food bolting so i left the room when i gave him the bone,just going back in every 2 minutes to check up,hopefully he will accept me in the room soon. But I'm not moving too fast,the last thing i want is a regurgitated chicken bone on the floor because he ate too fast.
                                                              Waiting for his dinner


Anyway,hoping its better tomorrow,perhaps a little brighter outside,that would be nice!  If its nice out we might meet my friend for a walk in the woods.
I did plan on playing 'find the toy' tonight,but he has just settled down for the night,so it may wait until tomorrow. I think i will try and get him to chew this stag bar,i got it for him and it wasn't cheap so he better use it!


2 comments:

  1. That Kong idea sounds like a good one! I've used yoghurt in Ellie's Kongs before, but never honey. I might try that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i know,can't believe i never thought of it sooner! i have so many Kong fillings now,Oscar wont know what to expect anymore!!

    ReplyDelete