Sunday 6 January 2013

My poor boy

Poor Oscar has just come down with a suspected bout of Kennel cough :-(

Been coughing like anything all day and has brought up some white foam and clear liquid 4 times now. I presumed something was stuck in his throat at first but its now more likely Kennel cough. It started after his walk this morning and he was only in the kennels last week. Kennel cough has a 7- 10 day incubation period and usually and the kennel cough hacking is brought on by cold air and exercise. It seems to fit our situation perfectly. 

Just Loaded Oscar up with some Benylin and Honey, seems to be helping with the coughing anyway but when I need it most I run out of honey! Well hopefully we will have some Manuka honey tomorrow.  

Poor Oscar just wants to sit on my lap, sadly when mum is here he isn't allowed up on the furniture.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Oscar =(
    You'll have to start sitting on the floor with him so that he can sit on your lap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried,he prefers the sofa or the chair!! Oscar is much better now but some coughing still remains, thats about it though. KC did prove useful though, I now know that Oscar LOVES chicken soup!!!

      Delete