Thursday 26 December 2013

Seasons Greetings

I hope everybody had a lovely Christmas and is looking forward to the New Year!

It was a lovely day indeed (until Doctor Who came on, but that's a different matter entirely and I fear that I'll only annoy and anger myself if I speak of it). I got up at the later time of half 8 this year as my brother did not get up an wake us all up so I ended up being the first one up and out of bed and ready to open presents. I got my new laptop, which is wonderful.....apart from the itunes issues and the fact that windows 8 is extremely difficult to get the hang of. Oscar too got some lovely presents, not as many as the previous years but then again, he'd be more than happy if you got him an empty box, flower pot or egg carton!

He loves the toy and so far it's still looking intact. The treats were greatly appreciated too although I did specify that only one pack is to be opened at a time, however that did not last long as now all 3 are open!

Oscar was not allowed to come to Christmas dinner at my grandparents house (I did try my best to fight his case but I'm not a good lawyer) so we went out for an extra long morning walk. It really felt like a Christmas morning - cold frosty air, gentle cool breeze and the crunch of hard frosty grass beneath my boots. Oscar didn't care for any of that though and just wanted to get out to stretch his legs and run around like a lunatic!
Would have looked better with snow, but nothing I could do about that!
Wishing some rabbits a happy christmas!
He took to walking through the frozen puddle, he later decided that it was a bad idea!

Zoomies in the garden!

He got one more present that day too, but he had to wait until after dinner to get it. He waited a very long time to finally get one of his own and after all of my indecision and oooo-ing and ahhh-ing he finally has one........ an Equafleece!!! It fits him perfectly just as I thought but it's a nightmare to get on and off. Putting his legs in first and then his head seems to be a lot easier than putting head and then legs in but it's still awkward. There must be an easier way to go about doing it. I was thinking that turning it inside out would help so I'll give that a try tomorrow and see how we go. Here's the handsome fellow himself modeling his new coat, (they're a little blurry)


He had it on him for our walk today and he got it nice and wet and mucky. As soon as we got home I washed off the muck in the sink but I was astounded to find that the inside of the fleece was still bone dry! People had told me such things before and that's one of the reasons why I wanted one but I can't say that I was fully convinced (especially since the Dublin Dog Collar issues). Even my Mam commented on how good the coat looks and feels! So here's to hoping that it lasts a good few years too!


Wishing you all a very happy New Year! 

1 comment:

  1. Oscar looks very smart in his Equafleese, think my two will be turning green with envy :) Looks like he likes his toy. The pictures of Zoomies are great :) When Phoebe does that she comes back with rugby boots of mud!! I am saving up for new comfy beds for them at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete