Sunday 3 June 2012

Rainy Sundays!


Well......it rained today,it rained all day. So Oscar spent his day in doors,only going outside when it was dry or when we went for walks. So how could i keep this dog from tearing up the house out of boredom and get him to sleep and settle down tonight? I did some training and some search games inside,but it wasn't enough,i had to put my thinking cap on!
And it worked,i had an idea,and it was a good one at that! Trick training with cheese cubes and an....................... OBSTACLE COURSE!!!!!  
I got a bunch of things together and made up an obstacle course in the hallway,and it was good fun too,especially without my parents about to give out to me.
The first thing was just a line of chairs he had to walk on,he still found it fairly challenging in the beginning though,


























And then we set up the actual course part,


He had to go over the camouflaged towel jump,ignore the teddy bear distractions,crawl over the the beanbag and then over the final jump.

We also had a race at it,but he won,surprisingly,i thought the teddy bear i threw at him would slow him down,but no it just made him go faster!!







Over the towel jump,made up of a bin,2 boxes and some of my school books! Oh,and the 2 towels used to dry Oscar off.









And over the bean bag. He was supposed to crawl over it but he didn't quite like that so he improvised! I had to use my hardbacks to block him getting around the sides.









He might have gotten a little distracted on the way back. I think i might have dropped some cheese there by mistake!










He did eventually get brave and tackled the bean bag they way he was supposed to,having a little lie down in the middle!









Then it was outside for a toilet break,but i can't say he was too pleased with that!
Then it was back inside,where Oscar found his new beloved friend,paddington bear!!!
Mine!















Friends forever! Well until he eats the coat that is!














And here is Oscars newest trick,Stand tall!

I also made a long line today! I can finally give my agility trainer back her one when i see her again. I could get a 30ft long line online for 10euro,or i could go to aldi,buy a set of strong and light gang lines and use and old lead clip to make a 24ft one for only 5euro and i have 2 gang lines left over to make another!

No comments:

Post a Comment