Tuesday 12 March 2013

SNOW!!!

Yep, thats right, it snowed!!!!  I love the snow, and so does Oscar!

Got up for school at 7 this morning and got a text from my friend asking if we had school, at that point I leaped out of bed! I don't think I have ever gotten out of bed faster! Then after getting ready for school and doing my hair mum tells me that there is no school!
So I have been up since 7 and by 12 Oscar had already gotten a 2 hr long walk in the snowy fields and done some agility!
I gave him some scrambled eggs for breakfast today. I thought he might enjoy a warm meal after exploring the snowy garden. It's times like this though that I really wish that I asked somebody who went to crufts to pick me up an Equafleece and post it to me! Could have saved some money there but of course I only thought of that yesterday!!!!  

Oscar loved his walk today! And I took tons of pictures!!! Sadly my camera decided to die halfway through the walk, could have had something to do with the fact that I dropped it in a frozen mucky puddle but sure.......... It'll be fine....... 

Snowy Bench!
I wonder who's paws these are????















Awesome!
Now for some walk photos,





He is quite the tree climber! And I must say that my North Face boots definitely get my stamp of approval. Had them nearly a year now and even in the snow I could climb the trees, they are snow boots though, they even have little ice-picks on the soles and they are all fluffy on the inside! They are great all year round too! 

Oscar decided that today he was going to cross a stream!!! And then I had to as well. Luckily there was a shallow-ish part for me to go across. It was actually quite nice exploring, we found a little small pony arcross the stream. I'm going to keep an eye on it now that I know its there because I am not to sure if it's owned by anybody. 


Then after about a half an hour of trying to make friends with this pony (which didn't go too bad, but it obviously didn't meet many people before) we went back exploring again! 





Tyrannosaurus Oscar!!!! 


A walk wouldn't be complete though without a game of chase and zoomies!!!!  He does have some crazy ears!



Then there was After Walk Zoomies! A must for every Beagle like Oscar!

He tried to eat some snow there too!


He had a snooze after than. He had to be bribed into the house! He was looking at me as if to say 'But what if it's gone when I go back outside', but he snored his head off after that! Rightly so, after 2 hours running around in the snow I would have done it too! So one can hope that he sleeps tonight! 

We also did some 'Snow-gility'. Not sure if he really enjoyed it but I got some pictures! He wasn't too keen on playing with his toys in the snow because every time I threw it for him he would get it and bring it to the grassy places where the snow had melted! 



Oscar not feeling too well though! He has got the dreaded disease...... SNOW NOSE!!!!!!
And it's obviously a serious case because he has had it all day! 

I had a wonderful morning with Oscar! But the snow is all gone now :-(  Apart from the little patches here or there where the sun never got at it. Maybe there will be more later on or tomorrow but for now my eyes aren't being blinded by the whiteness of the snow! 

Here are just a few pictures from a little while ago (you may notice the sun in one of them!) 
My Mam crocheted a blanket for him! And he loves it, unless you throw it ontop of him, then he isn't so keen (but for spectators it is hilarious to watch!) 
I am obviously such a terrible owner! I put his bed in his outdoor dog house but that was clearly inconsiderate of me to do such a horrible thing. Oscar reprimanded me by removing some of the stuffing and putting it in the middle of the garden for him to lie on! :-)






2 comments:

  1. We didn't have school after all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bed in middle of the garden!! lol
    Snow nose condition did get bad if the last snow picture is anything to go by!

    I am no vet but I assume a five min treatment in from of the fire / radiator fixed it quickly, warmth is the perfect cure for such a problem!! lol

    It is obvious Oscar had lots of fun in the snow.

    ReplyDelete