Friday 8 March 2013

Crufts!!!!

I finally got to watch the first day of crufts today!!! And now the second day is starting soon!

I only really watch it for the flyball, agility and other stuff like that rather than for the actual showing part. Don't get me wrong I do like to watch the odd bit of the showing, like the hound and working group, but if I am honest I find myself angry when I do watch it!!! It just really digs at me when I see some breeds, because of their breed standards. (the basset hound got at me today and I wasn't very impressed with the beagle that went to the group judging) 

I was so happy when I saw a beagle doing agility!!!! A BEAGLE!!!! The breed which apparently cannot be trusted off leash was doing agility at crufts! It had a clear round too and I think I spotted one doing flyball too! I am actually getting fed up of seeing collie after collie in the agility. I love collies myself (although I don't think I will ever own one of my own) but it's just nice to see some breeds other than collies doing agility and flyball. You've got to give it to them though, they are speedy little (or large?!?!) dogs!
I am very chuffed about the beagle though, hopefully Oscar might have picked up some tips!!! (he was actually very eagerly watching it)

What annoys me about watching it on the TV is the fact that I have to listen to the hosts speak and I have to watch all this stuff I don't care about (but if its recorded, like yesterdays one, then I can zoom through it!). It also means that I don't get to see everything, like all the agility or the HTM or the obedience but I suppose there is the live streaming on YouTube.  (and of course not being able to shop!!)

I really want to go to crufts!!!! For all the days though, that way I could get round to do all my shopping and have time to watch what I wanted to. But I think that would be expensive, and inconvenient, I do have school to go to as well (particularly seeing as next year is my last year of school)  I can still dream though!





On a side not, unrelated to crufts, and rather sad (for me anyway)
That rescue dog that I wanted, the one that had been there for 4 years has just gotten a home. :-(
I am happy for her, of course, but it would have been nice to give her a home with me. Now I am on the hunt for another dog. I would like a staffie or staff mix if I am honest but it's not that important. I have found one who is in the pound right now, but we aren't ready yet and sadly poor Monty only has until Monday. I do hope somebody can help him before that, would be very sad if he got PTS.



I hope everybody is enjoying crufts, and if you were lucky enough to go then feel free to pick me up a present!!!! :-D

3 comments:

  1. What was wrong with the Beagle in the show ring?

    I guess it was like me head in hands when the chunky lab won the gundog group :) lol
    I prefer them to be lighter build!!

    Thought compared to previous years that the goldie was a better shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too stocky for my liking, personally I like my dogs leaner.
      I was horrified at the lab winning!!! And the BMD that just won the utility group certainly wont look out of place with the lab there in BIS.
      Cannot wait to see the pastoral group now.

      Absolutely chuffed that Ireland came 2nd in the Agility though!

      Delete
  2. I was happy that the hound won to be honest!!

    Strange how show dogs are carrying too much weight, you would think it would count against them!!


    ReplyDelete