Sunday 9 February 2014

Sunday Drive

We had a big adventure today and I suppose you could say it was our version of a Sunday drive. It started off as a normal walk in the fields but It was nice out today and I really felt like exploring so that's exactly what we did!

I've still got no dry food for treats (should be here tomorrow) so it was more cheese cubes today. Though I got no complaints from Oscar. It was quite cold out so Oscar had his fleece on too and I must say, it's turned out to be one of the most useful things in the house. He's always bone dry (bar his legs) when I take it off and warm too, but not so warm that I have to worry about him overheating in it. And it's light too, so if I do feel like taking it off him I can and then fold it up so it fits in my pocket.

Anyway, moving on to the actual walk itself. It was quite strange to have the moon in the sky on my right and then the sun shining in the sky to my right but it was really nice to look at when I was sitting in the trees. It was dryer out today so I could get much higher in the trees (meaning that Oscar couldn't follow though). Although with the bad stormy weather the past week some of the trees have taken quite a beating.
Enough talk about trees, here are some pictures!
To the right.....
.....And to the left
Why are you sitting in a tree? I'm waiting!
Poor tree
Looking rather unhappy
If you're very bored on a walk and get the opportunity to cross a stream then definitely do it! It will introduce you to a world of new fields! 
You first Oscar!
A nice new field to explore!
Another new one. Looks mucky but wasn't as bad as you'd think. 
I really loved the last one, 


It was so big and green and empty! If I had a horse it would have been amazing to gallop through at top speed but alas I don't so I just made up for that and ran around with Oscar instead and then I couldn't get him to leave me alone for the rest of the way home! He was constantly by my side looking up in the hope of either a game of chase or some cheese.

Here are just a few photos of our messing about. They're not great but as you can imagine, running about chasing a dog or running away from one and taking good photos is not the easiest of tasks, fun though!

Then after all that messing about it was time to head home,
Bombs away!!
My loyal hound waiting for me on the bank, or is he waiting for a treat?
Treat please!

















































The only downside of the Equafleece is that legs still have to be washed off afterwards!


And to finish off tonight here is a photo of 2 of the over 50 horses that trotted past my house on Friday (there must have been a hunt canter on or something, no hounds with them though and thank god for that!). What I would have given to be out there with them but I don't think anybody would let me borrow their horse if I just walked across with my gear and asked them!



1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say lovely pictures :)
    Still considering equafleese for my monsters but cant decide which to go for :)

    ReplyDelete