Sunday 2 February 2014

The Way to A Beagles Heart Is Through The Stomach

We had a fantastic walk today. When one has cheese you can rebuild your bond with your dog in a matter of seconds! 

Typically, it started to rain as soon as we stepped out the door but Oscar was properly prepared in his coat so it didn't stop us at all! Luckily enough, it cleared up about 20 minutes into the walk and the sun came back out again. I did take my camera with me today too so I have some photos! 

Treat pouncing!
One level at a time
Let me up, let me up!
Are you coming down?
Finally in the tree!

















It really is incredible what the right treats can do! I did a little tree climbing today (evident from the last few photos) and Oscar wanted to join in. He was very interested in getting up the trees after me, but there is only so high his little paws can carry him. 

I got around to cutting his nails today as well. Getting his nails short is the never ending struggle. I set out to do it but then one day I forget to cut them and that ends it all. Here's to hoping that this time I may get somewhere with though! 

I've ran out of treats entirely. Literally, we have no treats left. That's part of the reason why I had to use cheese today. But I'm ordering 13.6kg of Taste of the Wild dry food tomorrow. It's on sale, at €55 so that should last me a very long time! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the last picture of Oscar in the tree and the treat pouncing one :)
    He looks so smart in his coat too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coat is getting lots of use anyway! He wears it nearly every day and it's still as good as new!

      Delete