Monday 20 January 2014

Kidneys!!!!

Kidney's, I've got new kidneys! Any Doctor Who fans?

Anyway, I arrived home today to find a bag of butchers scraps on the counter that mam got for me. I opened them up, gagging at the stench, and I see KIDNEYS! 6 weeks and I finally get kidneys, and lets not forget that they were free too. There were a few other things in there with them, but I haven't had a chance to sort it out yet.

So, with that, Oscar had some kidney and sardines for dinner (I may pay dearly for the combination later on tonight but it was all we had). 2 huge kidneys, they must have been huge pigs or small cows but they stank! I was fighting the urge to reproduce my own dinner on the grass. It was absolutely dire! Oscar has rolled in things before, and I'm well used to handling and sorting out raw meat but this was just disgusting. I had to take some extreme measures when it came to getting dinner ready,

Yes, that is indeed a gas mask! And yes, I am also in my uniform!

In the end I only managed to hack off enough of the kidney for that meal and the rest is now waiting in the fridge, tightly packed up in 2 plastic bags so that we don't all die when we open the fridge.

Despite the smell, I am very pleased with the fact that we have kidneys again!

2 comments:

  1. Gas mask, where on earth did you get one of them?
    So happy to hear you got Oscar Kidneys :)
    Did he enjoy having them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My brother got the gas mask at some military display/fair thing 2 or 3 years ago. It's one of the coolest things he owns and works a treat despite being very old.
      He did enjoy the kidneys, certainly was a welcomed change from the liver anyway!

      Delete