Saturday 24 November 2012

I'm Furious!!!!!!!

This is a story about an irresponsible idiot getting a dog for Christmas and I am so very angry, annoyed, frustrated and enraged!

One of my friends has a dog and it's called Pepsi. I personally think that it's a lovely dog, very friendly and probably very smart too but sadly he doesn't live the life he deserves. He is around 10 years old and all he has ever known is the small outdoor pen that he lives in and the wooden shed he calls home with straw as a bed (which isn't changed too regularly) He is never walked, gets little or no attention and really only serves the purpose of a garden ornament. Why get a dog if all you are going to do is look at it out the kitchen window.
This friend of mine has a brother, and now he is getting another dog! :-(
He couldn't even look after chickens for god sake, and now he is being let get a dog! And not just any dog, a Husky! He has certainly chose the right breed for a first time owner, hasn't he?  (I wish there was a sarcasm font on here!)
He is going to buy this dog himself, but I'm worried that he is going to go for the cheapest one out there and that could end up coming from a back yard breeder or puppy farm! He plans on keeping this dog inside while he leaves Pepsi, the dog they have had for 10 long years, outside in his small and cold prison cell. What is going to happen when this puppy chews something it shouldn't, which he probably will? What happens if he tears the curtains down because he has too much energy? What happens when he hits his teenage years and starts acting up? What happens when his owner gets bored with him?  He will end up outside with Pepsi in the already cramped cell!
They don't seem like the people who are going to spend a lot of time training this dog how to behave properly around people or spend ages socializing him with dogs and kids and I personally think that the foolish boy who is supposedly going to own him seems like a choke chain kind of guy and one who is only interested in quick fixes no matter how cruel they may be!
I think he only wants this dog for the looks, he wants to look tough and cool with his wolfish dog on its chain lead by his side.He plans on calling this dog Max, to go with Pepsi, so that he can say that he owns Pepsi Max.  He knows nothing about this breed, clearly, if he did then maybe he would decide against getting one! Its clearly all for the status and the looks.
On top of this my friend doesn't seem to care about what her brother is about to do and that makes me even more annoyed! And because I don't really know her brother too well I am giving out to her because of all this.

I just think (and i don't think anybody could disagree with me on this) that it's really unfair to have one dog inside and another one outside, even though the one outside has been with you your whole life nearly and has been nothing but loyal( even if he didn't get a chance to prove it to them). And i think its highly irresponsible to get a dog like this (without any thought or consideration what so ever)


I will have to stop now before I break my keyboard because I am just so enraged by this whole thing at the moment! Its things like this that make me lose total faith in humanity!
I really hope that there are some people out there who feel the way I do about this.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely feel the same way as you about this!
    I personally love Huskies, because they do look a bit wolfy, but I would never get one simply because I don't have the room for it, or the time to give it all the exercise it would need - it's hard enough having a Springer sometimes!
    I hope they at least decide to bring Pepsi to live inside too. Although from what you've said, it doesn't sound too likely =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope,Pepsi definitely wont be coming indoors and he certainly wont be getting any extra attention when this new dog arrives. I've just been told that the mother of the git who is going to buy this dog is worried that he will get bored of it in a few months but wont actually put her foot down and say no to him!

      Delete