Sunday 25 November 2012

Rain, Rain and More Rain!

Its been raining for nearly 2 full days now! And it looks as if it's going to stay like this for the next week (we'll say 2 weeks though because the weather people never seem to be able to get it right over here!)
Oscar ain't too pleased either! I made him go OUTSIDE in the RAIN and I made him wear his COAT!!!  Not a happy doggie at all, or should I say he wasn't at that point in time.
But none the less, it had to be done and i wanted to get it over and done with before it got dark.

So with that in mind I got ready for the and let Oscar get all happy with himself because I mentioned that I was going to go out of a W-A-L-K. Then when it came to getting Oscar ready he was only more than happy to oblige when he saw his lead but then he spotted the dreaded coat of death! :-D
To make it worse I put it on him and that just popped his happy bubble completely,or at least suppressed it until it was taken off!



He took it upon himself to sulk in the garage while i put my wellies on. He wasn't pleased with being taken away from his lovely warm fire at all!







With it being Sunday I though that the road might not be as busy, but i was wrong :-(   So we took the safer route up the quite side road (and even that had 2 cars on!) but it was like a stream was flowing down it,particularly at the sides.





Either way we had to go up it to get to the field. We got to the field and I was so glad that I had decided to wear my wellies and not my hiking boots and Oscar was probably a little thankful that he had the coat on too! This is what we decided to walk in today,
And that's nothing compared to the bottom of the field!
I let Oscar off the lead to run about but he was a little caught up avoiding the giant holes of water in the ground,and i didn't make it any easier either because when he walked next to me he ended up getting soaked! (I'm a puddle walking lunatic!)



Even in one of the dryer parts of the field he walked up on the high ground between the puddles.







And I got this look when he got splashed by me for the first time,
Hey! You splashed me!
He actually stopped and turned and looked at me as if to say ' How dare you!'

Just so you can compare the top of the field to the bottom,this is how deep the water was at the bottom,




I had lost half of my boot! And that wasn't the deepest part either! At one point the water nearly went into my boots!
There was also a big lack of grooves for Oscar to take shelter from the water!






Oscar better get used to this because I cant see it changing anytime soon! But he seems to have come back from this walk with much more energy than he left with!

On the bright side he gets to dry off in front of the stove in the sitting room, that's got to be a good thing,right?


No comments:

Post a Comment