Monday 11 February 2013

Yesterdays Adventures!!!!

Yesterday me and Oscar went for a very long walk in I don't know how may fields!
I have lived here for over 7 years now and I only just found out that the River Boro runs through the fields!!! I knew about a river that was here, but I never actually thought it flowed through the fields, I'm not really sure where I thought it went???  Talk about a blond moment, ehhhh????
The magical Boro River!!!
There were actually some really nice fields after you made it through the acre of mud and slop! Oscar was great in the fields too. He stayed very close, and hopped over to me when I called him and despite somebody strange (well I knew him, Oscar didn't) turning up in one of the fields Oscar didn't run up to him, he actually stayed with me!!!! Although, to be honest, it was like Oscar was curious and wanted to meet him but he was unsure and a little skittish. Maybe it's a bad thing, but seeing as he didn't attack the 'stranger' with excitement, I'm going to take it as a good thing!

And Oscar, of course, had a good sniffing about!
































Then after a little more walking we found this little stream,



But because I wore my hiking boots and not my wellies we couldn't get across to that field in the back of the photo. So next time I will wear my wellies, will probably go there tomorrow if its nicer out or maybe later on today if it brightens up.(but I very much doubt that it will)
Oscar also found a nice stump to have a lookout on, to the extent that he spent a good 5 minutes up there scouting around!

Did anybody notice anything? Anything about Oscar? Maybe something he was wearing?
He got a new harness!!!!! And he loves it! (so do I)  It's definitely got Oscar's stamp of approval, and it help up really well yesterday. Although it did have to be washed afterwards, but that can only be expected after the stuff Oscar ran through!  I am very pleased with it indeed!


On another note, Dad said yes to getting another dog!!!!!!  We obviously have to work on the fence first, but he has a plan on how to go about doing it!!!! Mum will need some convincing though. She is worried that if I get a second dog then my school work will suffer for my last year of school. But it wont, I can't see why another dog would distract me more than Oscar already has????  Anyway, for now it's all looking good, I have got in touch with the rescue so I know their homing requirements and if we get the fence up then we will meet them all!!!! I'm so happy!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love Oscars new harness, you're so lucky being able to get a new puppy, what breed are you going for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No a puppy. Rescue dog. Possibly getting a 4 year old girl called Kiki. Nothing is set in stone yet but its looking good so far!
    I'd love a puppy, but I can't find the breed I want or any good breeders and i have fallen in love with Kiki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, how are you.
    Love the harness.
    Exciting about the second dog :)
    Is Oscar ok after the kennel cough?
    (caz2golden)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good thanks, maybe a little hungry at the minuter though!!!!! :-D
      I love it too, and it's held up really well so far. I know, dad is going to get some fencing stuff soon but sadly the rescue dog I wanted may be going to a new home before I can get to her. :-(
      Oscar is fine, recovered well and loves chicken soup!
      Hope your girls are doing ok! :-)

      Delete
  4. Yeah girls are doing ok.

    Gypsy currently upside down and is asleep and Phoebe looks like a cat curled up in a ball on the sofa with me :)

    They are still spoiled rotten :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats good! Phoebe is obviously getting in touch with he cat roots!!! :-D Oscar prefers Gypsy's sleeping position!

      As every dog should be, spoiled rotten that is!

      Delete